THE ARTWORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT ROB MORAN/VOODOOVISION STUDIOS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Tuesday 3 January 2012


I just learned that one of my ART GODS, a true graphic genius and one of the greatest draughtsmen of his or any other generation, RONALD SEARLE has passed away at the grand old age of 91. While this affects me greatly at a personal level for Searle is the artist who has had the greatest influence on my own line work since I was 12 years old I cannot be too sad because in his long and distinguished career he achieved more than most artists would in ten lifetimes. Searle’s work was the benchmark against which all others were set and his influence has passed down through generations of cartoonists and illustrators…we will truly never see his like again.

R.I.P. Mr. Searle and thank you for the inspiration and joy you’ve given through your pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment